Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Real Party: Movie Theme


For my daughter's 6th birthday back in 2012 we planned a small party with a movie theme.  We went to Hollywood Blvd Theater and saw the movie Hotel Transylvania.  Hollywood Blvd Theater was nice because you get a private room before the movie with pizza and drinks and its perfect place to sing to the birthday girl and open presents before the show.  The theater is set up with tables and leather seats.  There the kids got popcorn, candy and a drink to snack on during the movie.  It had to be the easiest party I have ever hosted for my Ella.

The details:


Invites: I made the invites and since I only had to make a few (and invited a parent with their children) I added individual tickets. This theater's birthday package was kind of pricey so it was a good way to control how many guest I would have.

The Favors: I found popcorn plastic buckets at Target's $1.00 section, filled it with microwave popcorn, M&Ms, and Swedish Fish.  Wrapped it up and added a tag and red poka dot ribbon for a final touch.


The Cake: Or rather cupcakes.  I made popcorn cupcakes to go with the theme instead of a cake and displayed them on a cupcake tower.  Super cute and easy to make!  Find the recipe and original source here along with printables for the cupcake wrappers.

Hollywood Blvd Theater

Hotel Transylvania

Ells is 6 years old!!!

Singing to the birthday girl.

Little brother is tired.  He didn't make it to the show, it was naptime so Lita took him home.
Ella and all her party guest.
Enjoying popcorn and candy during the show.




   That's a wrap!

2 comments:

  1. Your invitation (and party in general) is adorable! Any tips on how to make something similar? I am pretty good in photoshop, but I wasn't sure where to get that cute popcorn bucket.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also going to be throwing a movie theater birthday soon. I have my individual popcorn containers but i thought a regular sized clear goodie bag would be tall enough to cover it but it wasn't. What did you use for the clear bag/packaging for each of your individual popcorn containers? You did such a great job on little Ella's party!

    mspaytonjones@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete